Non-Toxic Easy Way to Clean Your Oven without Chemicals
As a breast cancer survivor and mom of 2 kids, I try to be careful about using too many chemicals. I want to make sure the house is clean, but prefer to clean using natural, organic, and non-toxic ingredients. We use our oven a lot and it gets pretty messy from exploded baked potatoes, cookie dough, juices, sauces, and more. I wanted to clean my oven without chemicals, using non-toxic products. I have been using vinegar and baking soda to clean other things around the house so I thought why not try it on the oven. Here’s an easy way to clean your oven without chemicals.
What you need for non-toxic oven cleaning:
Directions to clean an oven without chemicals:
1. Remove the oven racks (you can clean these separately the same way).
2. Spray the whole oven including the inside of the door with the vinegar/water mixture. Get it pretty wet all over.
3. Sprinkle baking soda everywhere putting more on any caked on food particles.
4. Sprinkle a thick layer of course salt over the baking soda.
5. Spray again with the vinegar/water. You’ll hear a nice bubbling sound from the reaction of the vinegar and baking soda.
6. Leave it to sit overnight.
7. With the course side of sponge scrub the oven. You’ll see how easily everything comes up. This was amazing to me.
8. Spray again with vinegar/water to help remove everything.
9. Wipe with old towels or paper towels.
That’s it! You’ll have a nice shiny oven and a happy mama. At, least I know I was a happy mama. It didn’t take long and I had a nice, clean, chemical-free oven. Yea!
Now, to prevent the oven from getting super messy again, I’m going to buy one of these oven liners. You put it at the bottom of your oven and it collects all the spills. You can remove it, clean it with soap and water, and reuse it.
Here are some pictures of the non-toxic oven cleaning process.
Here’s an easy way to clean your oven without chemicals. Get items for non-toxic oven cleaning and directions to clean an oven without chemicals: